- 125 g (½ cup) finely chopped onion
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) New Natrel butter
- 5 large potatoes, boiled or 1250 g (5 cups) cooked potatoes
- 60 g (¼ cup) dry bread crumbs
- 125 g (½ cup) grated cheese
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) Island Farms by Natrel sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions in butter until soft.
- Slice the cooked potatoes into a buttered (or non-stick) casserole dish.
- Sprinkle onions, crumbs and 60 g (¼ cup) grated cheese over the potatoes.
- Beat together eggs, sour cream, and seasonings and pour over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle on the remaining 60 g (¼ cup) cheese.
- Bake in a 180° C (350° F) oven until thoroughly heated through, and the cheese is melted and golden.