Our thanks to Blythe of Comox, BC for sharing this recipe with us.
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) Natrel salted butter
- 250 mL (1 cup) carrots, diced
- 125 mL (½ cup) onion, chopped
- 125 mL (½ cup) celery, chopped
- 60 mL (¼ cup) each sweet red and green peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 750 mL (3 cups) peeled and diced potatoes
- 590 mL (2½ cups) vegetable or chicken broth
- 500 mL (2 cups) peeled and diced rutabaga or turnip
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) each salt and pepper
- 125 mL (½ cup) zucchini, diced
- 250 mL (1 cup) Corn Niblets
- 375 mL (1½ cups) Island Farms by Natrel Half & Half cream
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) chopped fresh dill (or 15 mL (1 tsp) dried dill)
- In a large stock pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Cook the carrots, onions, celery, peppers and garlic, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the potatoes, stock, rutabaga, and salt and pepper, and then bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the zucchini and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and cream and heat thoroughly.
- Garnish with dill.