- 6 Tbsp. flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces beef for stewing or top sirloin, sliced in thin strips
- 2 Tbsp. New Natrel butter
- ½ lb. thickly sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp. ketchup
- 1 cup Island Farms buttermilk
- Cooked egg noodles or rice
- Combine 4 Tbsp. flour, salt and pepper; coat meat in mixture.
- Melt butter in skillet and brown meat in butter.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, ½ cup water, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup to meat.
- Cover; simmer 20 minutes.
- Blend remaining flour and water and add to hot mixture; cook over low heat until the sauce is smooth and thick, stirring constantly.
- Stir in buttermilk; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over hot egg noodles or rice.