- 250 g (1 cup) Island Farms by Natrel cream cheese
- 375 mL (1½ cups) of flour
- 125 mL (½ cup) New Natrel butter
- 1 x 184 g (6.5 oz.) can of flaked ham
- 1 small minced onion
- 250 mL (1 cup) of petite frozen peas
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Sesame seeds
- Blend all the dough ingredients in a mixer, form into a ball and chill for 1 hour.
- Mix the filling ingredients.
- Roll out the dough and cut into 7.5-cm (3-in.) circles.
- Fill with 15 mL (1 tbsp) of the filling, fold, and seal with egg white.
- Pierce the top in 2 or 3 places, brush with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in a 200°C (400°F) oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Freezes well, if required.