Our thanks to Teisha from Port Coquitlam for sharing this recipe with us.
- 1 x 900 g (2 lb.) bag hash brown potatoes, diced or cubed
- 60 mL (¼ cup) Natrel butter, melted
- 250 g (1 cup) Island Farms by Natrel sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ soup can Island Farms by Natrel table or whipping cream
- 500 mL (2 cups) plus 60 mL (¼ cup) (separated) old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) fine bread crumbs
- Mix everything together except the bread crumbs and 60 mL (¼ cup) of the cheese.
- Put into a greased casserole dish and sprinkle the bread crumbs and the remaining cheddar on top.
- Bake at 175 °C (350 °F) for 40 minutes or until bubbling and golden on top.