- 1 pkg (375 g) whole wheat macaroni, cooked
- cooking spray
- 500 mL (2 cups) mild cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 250 mL (1 cup) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 125 mL (½ cup) Island Farms by Natrel sour cream
- 125 mL (½ cup) Island Farms by Natrel cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 5 mL (1 tsp) garlic powder
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) dry mustard
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 125 mL (½ cup) Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175°C).
- Spray a 22 x 33-cm (9 x 13-in.) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Reserve 125 mL (½ cup) of the shredded mild cheddar cheese for later use.
- Mix the cheeses, sour cream, cottage cheese and the egg together in a bowl; season with the garlic powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Stir the cooked macaroni into the cheese mixture.
- Pour the macaroni mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the reserved 125 mL (½ cup) cheddar cheese, then the Panko bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes until cheese is bubbling.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.