- 1 package (375 g) whole wheat macaroni, cooked
- cooking spray
- 2 cups Mild Cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup Island Farms by Natrel sour cream
- ½ cup Island Farms by Natrel cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Reserve ½ cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese for later use.
- Mix cheeses, sour cream, cottage cheese and egg together in a bowl; season with garlic powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Stir cooked macaroni into cheese mixture.
- Pour macaroni mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the reserved ½ cup Cheddar cheese, then Panko bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes until cheese is bubbling.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.