This is for when you’re not counting calories – indulgence is good for the soul sometimes! Makes a great side dish with grilled meat or chicken, or great as an entrée with a nice green salad.
- 125 mL (½ cup) fresh, grated Parmesan
- 275 mL (1 container) Island Farms by Natrel whipping cream
- 60 mL (¼ cup) Natrel butter
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- 4–6 slices bacon
- Fry the bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, chop.
- Using the same pan, (wipe out excess fat, but try and leave the brown bits), add the butter and whipping cream.
- When the butter is melted, add the Parmesan and simmer till thickened (don't let it boil).
- When ready to serve, add the bacon and parsley.
- Serve immediately over hot fettuccine.