- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 8 chicken legs)
- 160 mL (⅔ cup) plain yogurt
- 5 mL (1 tsp) chili powder
- 15 mL (1 tbsp ) ground cumin
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) ground coriander
- 10 mL (2 tsp) ground turmeric
- 12 x 15-cm (6-in.) wooden skewers
- Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes before using.
- Mix the yogurt and spices together.
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise into thirds.
- Cover with the yogurt mixture and stir until the chicken strips are well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove. Thread 1 strip on each skewer.
- Barbecue over medium heat for 10–15 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through.
- For oven cooking, pre-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F), place the skewers on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with coconut rice and green beans.