- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 8 chicken legs)
- 160 g (2/3 cup) plain yogurt
- 5 mL (1 tsp) chili powder
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) ground cumin
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) ground coriander
- 10 mL (2 tsp) ground turmeric
- 12, 15 cm (6" inch) wooden skewers
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes before using.
- Mix yogurt and spices together.
- Cut chicken breasts lengthwise into thirds.
- Cover with yogurt mixture and stir until pieces are well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove. Thread 1 strip on each skewer.
- Barbecue over medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through.
- For oven cooking, pre-heat oven to 180° C (350° F), place skewers on cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with coconut rice and green beans.