- 60 mL (4 Tbsp.) Natrel butter
- 60 g (6 Tbsp.) onions, chopped
- 175 g (3/4 cup) celery, diced
- 625 mL (2 ½ cups) hot water
- 500 g (2 cups) raw and peeled cubed potatoes
- 750 g (3 cups) corn
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp.) sugar
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) salt
- Dash of white pepper
- 1L (4 cups) Island Farms by Natrel half & half cream
- 45 g (3 Tbsp.) flour
- On medium heat, melt butter, then simmer onion and celery for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add water, potatoes, corn and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are barley tender.
- Whisk the flour into 250 mL (1 cup) of the half & half, and stir into the soup.
- Add the remaining 750 mL (3 cups) of half & half.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes until the soup has thickened to a creamy consistency.
- For a thicker soup simmer another 5 – 10 minutes.