- 60 mL (4 tbsp) Natrel butter
- 88 mL (6 tbsp) onions, chopped
- 175 mL (¾ cup) celery, diced
- 625 mL (2½ cups) hot water
- 500 mL (2 cups) raw, peeled and cubed potatoes
- 750 mL (3 cups) corn
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) sugar
- 10 mL (2 tsp) salt
- Dash of white pepper
- 1 L (4 cups) Island Farms by Natrel Half & Half cream
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) flour
- On medium heat, melt the butter, then simmer the onion and celery for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the water, potatoes, corn and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are barely tender.
- Whisk the flour into 250 mL (1 cup) of the half & half and stir into the soup.
- Add the remaining 750 mL (3 cups) of half & half.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes until the soup has thickened to a creamy consistency.
- For a thicker soup simmer another 5–10 minutes.