Our thanks to Roslyn from Sooke for submitting this recipe.
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup Island Farms by Natrel sour cream
- ½ cup Natrel butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups (3 or 4) ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup Natrel butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. Island Farms milk
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Grease and flour 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Beat sugar, sour cream, butter and eggs in large bowl until creamy. Blend in bananas and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda and salt; blend for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts. Spread evenly in baking pan. Bake 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown. Let cool slightly then cut into bars.
- For Frosting: heat butter in large saucepan over medium heat until bubbling; let it turn a delicate brown and remove from heat immediately. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and milk and whisk until smooth. For best results, spread the frosting over bars while they're still warm.