If you’re looking for a delicious scone recipe for Easter Brunch, we can help! Our cheddar and chive scones recipe uses Island Farms buttermilk and Island Farms by Natrel sour cream.
- 500 mL (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) sugar
- 10 mL (2 tsp) baking powder
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) baking soda
- 1.65 mL (⅓ tsp) salt
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) ground black pepper
- 60 mL (4 tbsp) Natrel butter, frozen and grated
- 125 mL (½ cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- 60 mL (¼ cup) freshly chopped chives
- 250 mL (1 cup) Island Farms buttermilk
- 125 mL (½ cup) Island Farms by Natrel sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 230 °C (450 °F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- Cut in the grated butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add the shredded cheese and chives; toss to combine.
- Stir in the buttermilk and sour cream until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Drop the dough in ¼ cup rounds onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes or until slightly browned.