- 500 mL (2 cups) white flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking soda
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking powder
- 123 mL (½ cup) New Natrel butter
- 250 mL (1 cup) sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla
- 250 g (1 cup) Island Farms sour cream
- 60 mL (¼ cup) flour
- 250 mL (1 cup) brown sugar
- 1.2 mL (¼ tsp) salt
- 7.5 mL (1½ tsp) cinnamon
- 125 mL (½ cup) chopped pecans
- 60 mL (¼ cup) New Natrel butter at room temperature
- Make the topping mixture first. Mix everything together except the butter; work the butter in with your hands until the mixture is crumbly. Set it aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add half of the dry ingredients. Blend in the sour cream.
- Stir in the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased and floured 25-cm (10-in.) tube pan.
- Sprinkle half of the topping over the batter.
- Spread the rest of the batter; add the remaining topping.
- Bake at 175 °C (350 °F) for 40 minutes. Picture Perfect!