- 500 g (2 cups) white flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) baking soda
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) baking powder
- 123 mL (½ cup) New Natrel butter
- 250 g (1 cup) sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) vanilla
- 250 g (1 cup) Island Farms sour cream
- 60 g (¼ cup) flour
- 250 g (1 cup) brown sugar
- 1.2 mL (¼ tsp) salt
- 7. 5 mL (1 - ½ tsp) cinnamon
- 125 g (½ cup) chopped pecans
- 60 mL (¼ cup) New Natrel butter at room temperature
- Make topping mixture first. Mix all together except butter; work butter in with hands until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add half of dry ingredients. Blend in sour cream.
- Stir in rest of dry ingredients.
- Spread half of batter into greased and flowered 25 cm (10” inch) tube pan.
- Sprinkle half of topping over.
- Spread the rest of the batter; add the remaining topping.
- Bake at 175°C (350°F) for 40 minutes. Picture Perfect!