Our thanks to Brandi from Langford for submitting this recipe.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. each baking soda and baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups grated carrot
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup raisins
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In large mixing bowl, beat sugar, apple sauce and eggs until well combined. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, powder, salt and spices, then pour into egg mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in carrots, nuts, raisins and vanilla. Pour into non-stick 8" x 8" baking pan and bake 35-40 minutes. Cool before icing.
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat ½ cup of room temperature Island Farms by Natrel cream cheese with ½ cup of softened New Natrel butter and a drop of vanilla. Add 1 ½ cups icing sugar and beat until fully incorporated.