Stirred into coffee, drizzled over ice cream or given as a gift during the holidays, homemade Dulce de Leche is unbelievably easy to make!
- 950 mL (4 cups) Island Farms 2% milk
- 296 ml (1¼ cups) sugar
- 1.65 mL (⅓ tsp) baking soda
- Stir together and bring to a boil the Island Farms 2% milk, sugar and baking soda.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 1½ hours. Stir in the vanilla and transfer to a bowl to cool. Makes 355 mL or 1½ sweet and delicious cups.
- Keep refrigerated until it's time to enjoy!