Our thanks to Hillary of Port Moody for submitting this recipe to us.
- 1 cup Island Farms by Natrel cottage cheese
- 1 cup New Natrel unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup Island Farms by Natrel cream cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Egg Wash:
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. water
- Combine cottage cheese and butter and mix with electric mixer on medium speed until well incorporated. Gradually add flour and salt.
- Divide dough into thirds and flatten into discs. Wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or up to 12 hours).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine filling ingredients.
- Roll one disc into a 9-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Spread a third of the filling over the dough.
- Cut the circle into 16 wedges. Roll each wedge tightly, starting at the wide end. Place the cookie point-side down on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining wedges.
- Beat the egg white with the water. Brush each cookie lightly with egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven for 17-20 minutes, until golden brown.