- 1 cup New Natrel butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Island Farms buttermilk
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup water (boiling)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease 9x13 pan and dust with cocoa powder.
- Sift together cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately and beat until just mixed.
- Add boiling water and beat 1 minute.
- Pour into pan and bake 30-40 min. or until toothpick inserted into centre of cake comes out clean.
- Cool completely before icing.
- In saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, ½ cup cocoa powder, ¼ cup Island Farms milk, ¼ cup New Natrel butter and 1 tsp. vanilla extract.
- Bring to boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and beat for 3 minutes or until thickened to spreading consistency.
- Pour over completely cooled cake.