- 3 to 4 thin slices of New Natrel butter buttered bread
- 1/3 cup currants or sultana raisins
- 1 T. superfine granulated sugar
- 400 mL Island Farms milk
- 2 eggs
- Ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut the buttered bread into strips and arrange buttered side up in layers in a greased ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle raisins and sugar over.
- Heat milk, without boiling.
- Whisk eggs lightly and while whisking, add the heated milk.
- Strain this mixture over the bread mixture.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top.
- Let pudding stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until pudding is set and lightly browned.