- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup New Natrel butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup Island Farms egg nog
- For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp. Island Farms egg nog
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; set aside.
- Cream New Natrel butter until smooth, slowly add sugar until all is combined, then beat on medium speed until light and creamy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla.
- Alternating the flour mixture and Island Farms egg nog, starting and ending with the flour, add in both. Mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured 350°F oven for 50-55 minutes until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cake rest in pan for 20 minutes before turning out onto rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together Island Farms egg nog and powdered sugar until desired consistency and spoon over cooled cake. Let glaze set up a few hours before serving or storing.
- Source: Chocolate, Chocolate and More; thanks to our friends at Farmers Dairy