- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or a mix)
- ¾ cup Island Farms by Natrel cottage cheese - creamed in a food processor or blender
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup New Natrel butter, melted
- 2/3 cup Island Farms milk
- Heat oven to 400° F and grease muffin pan.
- Sift flours into large mixing bowl with the salt and baking powder.
- Add sugar and combine.
- Make a well in the centre and add berries, cottage cheese, egg, butter and milk.
- Stir together with large metal spoon until just combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into prepared pan, 2/3rds full.
- Do not smooth the surface.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes or until golden, well-risen and cooked through.
- Let stand 1 minute before removing from pan and onto wire rack to cool.