Our thanks to Yasmeen from Victoria, B.C., for submitting this recipe.
- 450 g (1 lb.) fresh mushrooms
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) Natrel butter
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) Island Farms by Natrel whipping cream
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) pepper
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) cayenne
- 250 mL (1 cup) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream. Continue to cook until most of the liquid is gone.
- Add the salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Place the mushrooms in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake at 175 °C (350 °F) for 12 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.