These adorable and tasty, crab stuffed mushroom caps are wonderful hors d’oeuvres for any gathering. Make them with Island Farms by Natrel light cream cheese.
- 12 large mushrooms
- 250 g (1 cup) Island Farms by Natrel light cream cheese
- 125 g (½ cup) cooked crab meat
- 45 g (3 Tbsp.) Parmesan cheese
- 45 g (3 Tbsp.) New Natrel butter
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Remove mushroom stems and trim caps to accommodate crab mix.
- Thoroughly combine cream cheese, parmesan and crab.
- Pour 2.5 mL (½ tsp.) olive oil into each cap and then add 15 mL (1 Tbsp.) crab mix to each. Place in foil container.
- Slice butter into cubes and add to bottom of container. Cover container with foil, bake at 175°C (350°F) for 45 minutes.
- Switch oven to broil and remove foil during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Garnish with fresh parsley.