These adorable and tasty, crab-stuffed mushroom caps are wonderful hors d’oeuvres for any gathering. Make them with Island Farms by Natrel light cream cheese.
- 12 large mushrooms
- 250 g (1 cup) Island Farms by Natrel light cream cheese
- 125 g (½ cup) cooked crab meat
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) Parmesan cheese
- 45 mL (3 tbsp) New Natrel butter
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Remove the mushroom stems and trim the caps to accommodate the crab mix.
- Thoroughly combine the cream cheese, Parmesan and crab meat.
- Pour 2.5 mL (½ tsp) of olive oil into each cap and then add 15 mL (1 tbsp) of the crab mix to each. Place in a foil baking dish.
- Slice the butter into cubes and add to the bottom of the container. Cover the container with foil and bake at 175 °C (350 °F) for 45 minutes.
- Switch the oven to broil and remove the foil cover sheet during the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Garnish with the fresh parsley.