- 23-cm (9-in.) pie crust
- 12 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 250 mL (1 cup) shredded Swiss cheese
- 125 mL (½ cup) grated Gruyere cheese
- 80 mL (⅓ cup) minced onion
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 375 mL (1½ cups) Island Farms by Natrel Half & Half
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) sugar
- 0.62 mL (⅛ tsp) cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C (425 °F).
- Fry the bacon until crisp, drain the fat off, and chop coarsely.
- Sauté the onions and garlic.
- Sprinkle the bacon, both cheeses, and the onion/garlic mix into the pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, half & half, salt, sugar and cayenne.
- Pour into the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 220 °C (425 °F), then reduce the heat to 150 °C (300 °F) and bake for 30 more minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 in. from the edge comes out clean.
- Allow the quiche to set 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.