- 9-inch pie crust
- 12 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups Island Farms by Natrel Half & Half
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain fat off and chop coarsely.
- Saute onions and garlic.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion/garlic mix into pie crust.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, Half & Half, salt, sugar and cayenne.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425°F, then reduce heat to 300°F and bake 30 minutes more, or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge removes clean.
- Allow quiche to set 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.