8-12 or 24 mini tart shells
- 50 mL (3 ½ Tbsp.) cornstarch
- 250 g (1 cup) sugar
- 15mL (1 Tbsp.) grated lemon rind
- 123 mL (½ cup) lemon juice
- 247 mL (1 cup) Island Farms 2% milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 60 mL (¼ cup) Natrel butter
- 250 g (1 cup) Island Farms by Natrel sour cream
- 247 mL (1 cup) Island Farms by Natrel whipping cream
- 1 cooked ready to fill pie crust
- In a heavy saucepan, combine egg yolks, cornstarch, sugar, lemon rind, lemon juice and milk.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium/high heat until mixture starts to boil.
- Stir until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until combined.
- Allow to cool a few minutes then stir in sour cream.
- Cool to room temperature and pour filling into pie shell.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!