- 250 mL (1 cup) Island Farms 2% milk, divided
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) white sugar (or more, to taste)
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) canned, pure pumpkin or 5 mL (1 tsp) pumpkin spice syrup
- 1.25 mL (¼ tsp) pumpkin pie spice
- 60 mL (¼ cup) brewed espresso
- Nutmeg for garnish
- Island Farms Aerosol Whipped Cream for topping
- Whisk 125 ml (½ cup) of the milk, the sugar, canned pumpkin (or syrup), pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the remaining 125 ml (½ cup) of milk.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove pulp, then return the mixture to the saucepan and simmer while whisking for 2 more minutes.
- Add the espresso and whisk until foamy (about 1 minute).
- Pour into a coffee mug, top with a swirl of whipped cream and garnish with nutmeg.