- 250 mL (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) sugar
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) salt
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) baking soda
- 1 egg
- 250 mL (1 cup) Island Farms buttermilk
- 30 g (2 tbsp) melted New Natrel butter
- Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix the egg and buttermilk in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix until the batter just comes together.
- Add the melted butter and mix lightly.
- Stir in up to 60 mL (¼ cup) more buttermilk for thinner pancakes.
- Ladle and cook on lightly-oiled griddle or fry pan.
- When air bubbles come to surface and break, turn and flip the pancakes and cook about 1 more minute or until golden brown.
- Serve with New Natrel butter and your favourite syrup or topping.