- 250 g (1 cup) all purpose flour
- 15 g (1 Tbsp.) sugar
- 2.5 g (½ tsp.) salt
- 2.5 g (½ tsp.) baking soda
- 1 egg
- 250 mL (1 cup) Island Farms buttermilk
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp.) melted New Natrel butter
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix egg and buttermilk in another.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix just until batter comes together.
- Add the melted butter and mix lightly.
- Stir in up to 60 mL (¼ cup) more buttermilk for thinner pancakes.
- Ladle and cook on lightly oiled griddle or fry pan.
- When air bubbles come to surface and break, flip and turn pancakes over and cook about 1 minute more until golden brown.
- Serve with New Natrel butter and your favourite syrup or topping.