- 1 loaf French bread
- 8 large eggs
- 500 mL (2 cups) Island Farms by Natrel Half & Half cream
- 250 mL (1 cup) Island Farms 2% milk
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1 mL (¼ tsp) ground nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- Slice the French bread into 2.5-cm (1-in.) slices and arrange in a buttered 23 x 32.5 cm (9 x 13 in.) baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, half & half, sugar, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Beat with a mixer until blended but not too bubbly.
- Pour the mixture over the bread slices, covering evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, bake at 175 °C (350 °F) for 40 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Serve with maple syrup.