Our thanks to Carrie from Sooke, BC for submitting this recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups Island Farms buttermilk
- 4 Tablespoons New Natrel unsalted butter, melted, plus ½ teaspoon for griddle
- Add Blueberries (optional)
- Heat griddle to 375 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk, and 4 tablespoons butter; whisk to combine. Batter should have small to medium lumps.
- Heat oven to 175 degrees. Test griddle by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. If water bounces and spatters off griddle, it is hot enough. Using a pastry brush, brush remaining ½ teaspoon of butter or reserved bacon fat onto griddle. Wipe off excess.
- Using a 4-ounce ladle, about ½ cup, pour pancake batter, in pools 2 inches away from one other. Scatter with berries, if using. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 ½ minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter, keeping finished pancakes on a heatproof plate in oven. Serve warm.