- 250 g (1 cup) Island Farms cottage cheese
- 4 eggs, separated
- 250 mL (1 cup) grated apple
- 180 mL (¾ cup) flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) lemon juice
- 5 mL (1 tsp) sugar
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp) salt
- Combine all the ingredients except the egg whites and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture.
- Ladle and cook on lightly-oiled griddle or fry pan. When air bubbles come to surface and break, turn and flip the pancakes and cook about 1 more minute or until golden brown.
- Serve with New Natrel butter or your favourite syrup.