- 250 g (1 cup) Island Farms cottage cheese
- 4 eggs, separated
- 250 g (1 cup) grated apple
- 180 g (3/4 cup) flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) lemon juice
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) sugar
- 2.5 mL (½ tsp.) salt
- Combine all ingredients except the egg whites and mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in.
- Ladle and cook on lightly oiled griddle or fry pan. When air bubbles come to surface and break, flip and turn pancakes over and cook about 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Serve with New Natrel butter or your favourite syrup.