Combine ingredients and enjoy!
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups all natural bran
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 5 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 L (4 cups) Island Farms buttermilk
- 4 cups quick oats
- 2 cups dried cranberries, raisins, or chopped dates, optional
- Pour boiling water over bran. Let stand.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add eggs and buttermilk.
- Add liquid ingredients into flour ingredients. Mix well.
- Add oats, dried cranberries and soaked bran. Still well to blend.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 190°C (375°F) until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Unused muffin batter can be kept up to one month stored in refrigerator.