If you’re looking for a delicious scone recipe for Easter Brunch, we can help! Our cheddar and chive scones recipe uses Island Farms buttermilk and Island Farms by Natrel sour cream.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Natrel butter, frozen and grated
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup fresh chopped chives
- 1 cup Island Farms buttermilk
- ½ cup Island Farms by Natrel sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- Cut in grated butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add shredded cheese and chives; toss to combine.
- Stir in buttermilk and sour cream until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Drop dough in ¼ cup rounds onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly browned.